Its always devastating to see a makeup stain on your favorite T-shirt, especially when you are being careful while wearing or removing that piece of clothing . Its happened to me countless number of times. Also There is nothing worse than smearing makeup on your boyfriends T shirt when you lean to give them a hug ( In my case its my husband). But we’ve all been there. Its through trial and error that I’ve complied a few steps on how to get makeup out of clothes.
Lipstick and Foundation: Because lipstick is oil-based and so are certain foundations, using an oil based cleaner will help to remove the stain. I usually spot treat the stain with a dish washing liquid like the Fairy and olay dish washing liquid. Gently rub a drop of the soap onto the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a clean cloth towel to rub the soap into the stain in a circular motion from the outer edges towards the middle. Finish by dabbing the section of fabric clean with a dry towel, and if the stain isn’t completely removed, repeat the process as necessary.
Powder Foundation/ Powder eyeshadows and Powder blush – For a powder stain, I usually mix a few drops of liquid detergent and water and I apply it to the stain . Gently rub it with your fingers in a clock and anti clockwise direction. It usually removes the stain without any hassle.
Mascara ( water proof and otherwise) – Apply vanish on the stain and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Then you can use the liquid detergent and water mix.
Well its official, its Summer here in Dubai.( Not that we have any other season here. LOL) With that being said, we always wonder what is it that we need to carry around in our hand bags without looking like we are off for a vacation.
Here are my Summer Beauty Essentials that I think are an absolute must.
1. A good Roll on or a body spray- With Summer comes sweat and stickiness. We need to carry a spray that is alcohol free, as we don’t want our underarms turning into a Black Hole.
2. Blotting Paper – We all love wearing some kind of makeup, at least most of us. Irrespective of how long wearing or oil controlling a foundation is, we all at some point will secret oil. Blotting Papers are a saviour as we can get a oil free look in seconds without caking our face up with powder.
3. A Lip balm or a Lip stain – I was surprised when a client of mine told that she felt lipstick was heavy on her lips . I honestly had never heard that before. A lot of people prefer wearing a lip balm or a lip stain during summers.
4. Dry Shampoo- Seriously who wants to wash their hair everyday ? Also washing your hair everyday can strip your hair off from its natural oils. Now is when a Dry shampoo comes in handy.
5. Setting Spray- There’s nothing worse than spending precious time on doing your makeup only to have it melt off practically the instant you step outside. A setting spray will keep your foundation, shadows, and liners firmly in place so you don’t have to interrupt any of your warm-weather fun to reapply.
6. Water Proof Mascara- Even when you don’t time to do your makeup. Always wear a mascara. When buying a mascara look for a waterproof mascara as it will save you the hassle of cleaning out any smudges when you sweat.
7. Sunscreen – A sunscreen not only for your face and body, but also for your hair is an absolute must.
8. Cream eye shadow and a blush – Give yourself that healthy summer glow with a cream eye shadow. I would suggest that you invest in a cream blush and use it as an eye shadow as well.