We all have come across so many different posts that say Banish Acne Naturally. Haven’t we ?
We often worry about acne, but we tend to forget the main reason why we get acne . Acne can be caused due to various factors.
The first step to fighting acne would be to analyse the cause of acne.
WHAT IS ACNE ?
It starts when greasy secretions from the skin’s sebaceous glands (oil glands) plug the tiny openings for hair follicles (plugged pores). If the openings are large, the clogs take the form of blackheads: small, flat spots with dark centers. If the openings stay small, the clogs take the form of whiteheads: small, flesh-colored bumps. Both types of plugged pores can develop into swollen, tender inflammations or pimples or deeper lumps or nodules. Nodules associated with severe cases of acne (cystic acne) are firm swellings below the skin’s surface that become inflamed, tender, and sometimes infected.
WHAT CAUSES ACNE ?
There are three main factors that cause acne
Three factors contribute to the formation of acne:
- Overproduction of oil (sebum)
- Irregular shedding of dead skin cells resulting in irritation of the hair follicles of your skin
- Buildup of bacteria
Factors that may worsen acne
These factors can trigger or aggravate an existing case of acne:
- Hormones. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Hormonal changes related to pregnancy and the use of oral contraceptives can also affect sebum production.
- Certain medications. Drugs containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium are known to cause acne.
- Diet. Studies indicate that certain dietary factors, including dairy products and carbohydrate-rich foods — such as bread, bagels and chips, which increase blood sugar — may trigger acne.
Contrary to what some people think, these factors have little effect on acne:
- Greasy foods and chocolate have proved to have little to no effect on the development or course of acne.
- Dirty skin. Acne isn’t caused by dirt. In fact, scrubbing the skin too hard or cleansing with harsh soaps or chemicals irritates the skin and can make acne worse. Simple cleansing of the skin to remove excess oil and dead skin cells is all that’s required
Here are some Home Remedies that help fight Acne.
Mustard seed or Mustard
Mustard is high in natural salsylic acid
Hibiscus is used for getting rid of pimples because of its properties of unclogging the pores and removing impurities from within.
(source : Website )